Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chaos

The chaos began in a small place inside. Wars raged inside me as I attempted to refrain from speaking. I was being torn apart by pain, truth, and love. The spell I was under was one of the most cruel ever devised. It sent warped pain throughout the victim's body while forcing the truth up your throat. It could not make you speak, but most did. Those who kept their tongues died a very slow death. It could go on for months under the right conditions. If you were lucky, you would starve. 
"Where is the child?" The voice asked again.
I bit my lip to keep from screaming. Or to keep from telling. I did not know which. 
"Well?" He asked. He could not wait for months while I suffered. He would have to leave sometime, wouldn't he? He began to be impatient. He pulled back his fist and hit me hard in the stomach. I doubled over, the external pain adding to the internal. 
"I won't ask again. Tell me. Now." 
"East," I whispered softly to the ground, "He went east." The pain vanished immediately.
"TELL ME!" He roared, kicking my fallen form. He hadn't heard me! I looked up, fake tears and pain in my eyes.
"West," I said loudly, "He went west." 

No comments:

Post a Comment