Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Matchmaker

"You're not Brittney," I said, surprised.
"Obviously," smiled the incredibly hot guy in front of me. What should I say back? What would be the appropriate response? Wait, what did he say again? Breathe! Calm down! Say something! Anything!
"Not that you remind me of Brittney, or anything. She's a girl, and you're not. It was just that I was expecting her, not you. Of course, I'm glad that you're here, whoever you are..."
That's the best you can come up with? My conscience sneered. Shut up, I told it. "Um, who are you?" I asked.
''Adam," he said helping himself to a slice of pizza. Normally I would find this rude, but he was welcome to it. "I'm a friend of Brittney's."
"Rachel," I returned.
"Nice to meet you. Anyway, Brittney told me to tell you she can't come."
Couldn't come? That was awful! We had been planning for this all week! Now what was I supposed to do?
"But..." I stuttered, "But..." Wait a minute. Why hadn't she just called me? Unless (for some reason) she had wanted Adam to meet me personally...
"Well, in that case, I have an extra ticket to tonights show. Care to join me?" I asked.
Adam smiled. It was a very nice smile.
"I'd like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment