Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Monologue

Can you imagine? A high school with the sons and daughters of the most influential people in the world. Steel Horizons recently gave to them the newest and most proficient security cameras in the world to protect Mr. and Mrs. High-and-Mighty's little darlings. But do you want to know what is really on those tapes, my friend? Blackmail. This Congresswoman's son is a drug dealer; that Senator's daughter is sleeping with her teacher, and what blackmail cannot be obtained can be forged. It 's downright beautiful. Mommy and Daddy will do anything to keep that kind of information a secret to protect their babies future. Just think about it: hundreds of people all voting how I want them to vote, passing laws I want to be passed, and acting how I want them to act. Can you imagine it, Max, the sheer power of it all? I have to admit; I'm pretty excited.

Monologue from Jacob, a character from my story Steel Horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment